Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Are we there yet?







So back in May I decided that I wanted to go to Georgia to see my brother Tim and his family. Since Todd had to work the entire time and wouldn't be able to come I asked my sister, Erin, to go with me. She is as crazy as I am and the thought of driving sixteen hours with five kids under the age of six sounded perfectly reasonable. So back in early June we filled the minivan and took off. There were only a few times we thought of leaving a child at a rest stop- can I just say I hate Virginia it is seriously the longest state! We were prepared with tons of snacks, cups, and diapers and thankfully wireless headphones; the best invention since well EVERYTHING!
We had an awesome time minigolfing, watching movies, swimming in the pool, and shopping. Uncle Timmy taught Little Todd how to dive and ride a scooter and Dave loved playing with all of Matt's toys. Thank goodness for Suzie, Matt, and Aunt Jenny who helped so much with Nathan. We had an awesome time even though all the boys got a stomach bug half-way through. I think we will do it again next year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SIXTEEN HOURS! You guys are crazy!!! Although, I totally understand trying anything to see family! :-)

Erin said...

Hey You..........this is awesome. You know I would follow you anywhere. Thanks for not leaving me or my little man somewhere in the middle....no seriously!! Lots of great memories on these pages. I can not wait to make more. Love You.

Nathan let Todd bury him?!?!?!!?!

Erin